Saturday, February 26, 2011

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Tessa is a teen that travels by herself to London to meet her older brother and ends up getting kidnapped.  Someone wants to use her "changing" abilities for bad.  Enter the Good guys that take her in to protect her.  I usually figure out the twists and turns in these pretty quickly, so it was great to be kept in the dark up until the end.  There is a romance triangle in the making.  Which really sucks, because really?? Only a masochist would hook up with Will.  Girls need to stop trying to save boys like this. 

Clare is setting it up to be a good series, but I just liked her Mortal Instruments characters more. I missed them when the last book was done.  With this book I was almost relieved to say good-bye.  The only one that I would want to see/hear more of would be Jem.  Everyone else I felt was just too whiny.

I thoroughly enjoyed Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments Series.  This new series I'll see through because know I need to know what happens.  Not so much because I care about the characters. 
This story takes place in Victorian London and I think that the story was very well evolved for the time period.  I remember reading many romance novels of this time period.  The setting has a lot to do with the behaviors of the characters.  I found it interesting how most women during this time would have killed for an opportunity like Jessie's and she wanted to be a lady and raise babies.
I'm invested for the rest of the books, I'll read it when I have time, but I am not as anxious for the next installment as I am for City of Angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment